Clean beauty is all about removing toxins from your world and creating a healthier you. When traveling, keeping your clean routine can be difficult. Between TSA and product droughts, your routine suffers. Below are 10 of our favorite clean beauty travel products to keep you and your beauty bag clean no matter where you go.
- Olio E Osso Multi Balm - Compact and versatile, these multi balms are perfect for on the go touch ups and moisture. Use one of the 13 tinted variations to apply a subtle tinted glow to eyes, cheeks and lips while the clear variation works as a neutral lip balm, cuticle balm and all over moisturizer. They even have a menthol scented one to help ease nasal congestion and tired temples, which is great for those long flights.
- Healing Eczema Balm - Yes, eczema is in the name but we promise this is not just for eczema, though it does relief that well. Made with colloidal oatmeal and zinc, Province Apothecary’s Eczema Balm helps relieve general itching and also reduces inflammation. Packed into the cutest 1in tin, it’s perfect to keep on hand to provide relief from bug bites, rashes and even reduce inflammation from new blemishes.
- The Rose Oil: Nourishing Cuticle Oil - Made with an assortment of nourishing oils and packaged into the coolest, roll on applicator, this is one of our staple products when traveling. Beware, this may cause a similar addiction as chapstick. You will soon have one in every bag and drawer.
- Suntegrity 5-1 Tinted Sunscreen - Between dry skin, jet lag and a general need for sun protection, you may look for a quick all in one product to spruce you up as you descend from your flight. Suntegrity’s 5 in 1 Tinted Moisturizing Sunscreen provides just enough coverage to trick anyone into thinking you had a full night's sleep while helping you restore your skin moisture. All while providing UVA and UVB protection from non-nano zinc.
- Malibu Made Body Scrub - Looking to keep your skin smooth and glowing? C and The Moon’s Sugar Scrub comes in the cutest 2oz jar, perfect for your carryon. Made with brown sugar, this scrub leaves your skin smooth, moisturized and provides the most soft, natural vanilla scent. Bonus that when you’ve used all the product, the watertight glass jar can be reused for many things.
- Radiant Body Oil- Body oil may be the least accessible travel sized product out there. Think about it, when was the last time you had the luxury of traveling with a clean body oil? Not anymore. Province Apothecary packages their Radiant Body Oil into the perfect travel sized bottle so you can bring the full body glow wherever you go. Packed with Argan oil and Cumin Seed Oil this is great for creating a polished look for the beach or keeping your skin moisturized in dry and cold destinations.
- Suntegrity Organic Cleansing Oil, Makeup and Sunscreen Remover - Long days, “special occasion makeup, and city smog demands a cleanser that can handle it all. Suntegrity’s Oil Cleanser is strong enough to remove your day yet gentle enough for delicate eye areas and sensitive skin.
- Reusable sealable bags - The good ol’e plastic bag is useful but not very eco friendly or cute. Reusable silicone bags are great for stashing all of your liquids just in case of a spill. Simply turn it inside out, wash and dry for use on endless trips.
- Butt Wipes - Not just for your butt! Yes, these are great for the bathroom but also for sweaty, sticky and germy situations. Keep some in your carry-on, purse or even desk drawer to freshen up after a sightseeing trek, accidentally touching that gross thing on the plane or yes, even use them in the bathroom!
- Bamboo Toothbrushes - Let’s face it, carrying a wet, used toothbrush home from vacation is kind of gross. Do you put it in a plastic bag, revert to the ol’e toilet paper wrap trick or maybe you buy a throw away toothbrush just for vacation. If you’re opting for the throw away option, bamboo toothbrushes are a great way to do so in a more eco friendly way. Bamboo also has natural antibacterial properties so if you opt to take you toothbrush home with you, your toothbrush won’t be full of bacteria by the time you land.. We love the ones from Public Goods which come in a two pack.
Traveling does not have to be a time to compromise your routine just because of size restrictions. These are just a few of our favorites both for our health and for the environment. Now, time to travel!